Our Bio-Regenerative treatments harness your body’s own innate ability to heal itself. This means more robust, tighter and glowing skin!
What is Micro-needling?
Micro-needling involves creating precise micro-injuries to the skin in order to incite your own natural healing process through the up regulation of collagen and elastin formation. Micro-needling treatments have become synonymous with Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT). The degree of collagen induction achieved with micro-needling is comparable to that of most fractional laser treatments but with significantly less expense and downtime.
Traditional techniques of micro-needling have been around for many years but it has only been with recent technological advancements that we are now able to offer more gentle and effective treatments with little post-procedure downtime.
Our new Evo Pen is a very advanced, medical grade micro-needling device that is minimally invasive and very precise. Its Swiss automation allows us to create thousands of micro-injuries to your skin during a short, comfortable treatment session. During the treatment session the micro-wounds serve as tiny micro-channels or portals into to the deep dermis. These channels allow us an opportunity to deliver healing therapeutic agents deep into the skin right where they are needed..
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
One of our favourite bio-stimulatory and anti-aging skin infusions is Platelet Rich Plasma, referred to as PRP. PRP is a supra-physiologic concentration of platelets, stem cells and nutritive growth factors that are derived from your own body. We refer to it as Liquid Gold or Gold Broth because of its potent regenerative and anti-inflammatory benefits. Because PRP is derived from your own body, it allows us to naturally heal ourselves with virtually no risk of intolerance or allergy.
The process of creating PRP is quite simple. We simply draw a small amount of blood from your arm and we centrifuge it to separate the beneficial elements in your plasma, your PRP, from the less beneficial elements. Your PRP is then ready to do its magic in any variety of ways we choose!
- We can inject it into select areas such as tear troughs or scalp skin
- We can micro-needle it into your facial skin
- We can add it to a Micro-Infusion Gold customized cocktail
PRP Treatments offered at Spring Skin
- Facial skin through Micro-needling or as an add on with our Micro-Infusion Gold treatments to reduce pore size, soften fine lines, tighten, brighten and making your skin Glow.
- Tear trough rejuvenation: injections with PRP can reduce crepey or dark lower eyelid skin to make it tighter, brighter and smoother. Its a great way to reduce dark under circles without the need for fillers
- Hair bearing scalp: PRP injections into the scalp help with hair regrowth and to thicken existing hair by up to 30%. 4 to 6 treatment sessions spaced 1 month apart are recommended and you will begin to see the benefits after your first few treatments. Once you finish your initial series then 2 maintenance sessions annually are recommended.
- PRP Platinum Treatment: this treatment package bundles together our 3 favourite PRP treatments in one session:
- PRP injection into the scalp
- PRP injection into tear troughs
- PRP infusion of facial skin during a micro-needling treatment session.
Conditions We Treat
- Dull, sun-damaged skin
- Acne scarring
- Large pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hair loss
- Dark under eye circles
PRP Treatment Process
- A small amount of blood is drawn from your arm and this is centrifuged to isolate out supra-physiologic concentrations of platelets and nutritive growth factors ( your own PRP).
- All make-up is removed from your face prior to prepping with surgical cleanser and applying topical anesthetic (freezing) to your face.
- After 15 to 20 minutes we begin the micro-needling procedure, infusing your skin with a potent solution of your own PRP.
- Additional PRP injections into scalp or tear troughs can also be added to your micro-needling session if desired.
- At the cessation of the microneedling procedure a cool hyaluronic based mask is applied to sooth and hydrate your skin.
- We then seal the micro-channels made in your skin with our RHA skin booster serum full of anti-oxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptides.
- The whole procedure takes 45 minutes.
- Post care instructions and post care skin products given
Recovery time and Side-Effects
The total healing time after your microneedling procedure depends on the depth of skin penetration used and the number of overlapping passes performed. On average, most patients experience slight redness and swelling for a few days following the procedure.
You will have a sense of skin tightness for the first week but this is easily remedied with our home-care kits that are provided for you. Within a few days you will begin to appreciate smoother, brighter and tighter skin – with pore size significantly reduced. The results continue to improve for 1 to 2 months afterwards with ongoing collagen induction and remodelling.
immediately post Micro-needling session
Post Micro-Needling Day 2: The glow begins!
How many treatments are recommended?
- Facial rejuvenation: 2 to 3 sessions spaced 1 month apart
- Tear trough / dark under eye circles: 1 to 2 injection sessions
- Acne scarring / more significant skin concerns: 4 to 6 sessions recommended for best results
- Hair bearing scalp treatments: 4 to 6 treatments for regrowth of hair and then 2 to 3 times annually for maintenance of results
- When a series of treatments are recommended we will offer package pricing for you.
What is the difference between Micro-Needling and Micro-Infusion Gold?
What they have in common:
- Collagen induction or CIT is common to both micro-needling and Micro-Infusion Gold.
- Micro-channel formation to allow infusion of healing therapeutic cocktails, including PRP into your dermis are common to both treatment modalities
What differentiates them?:
Micro-Infusion Gold: This technique uses shorter and finer needles that penetrate more superficially into the dermis. Micro-Infusion Gold treatments are integral to our Skin Boosting program to redensify, rehydrate and reverse aging of your skin. Advanced micro-droplets of HA filler and potent anti-oxidant cocktails are infused into the skin. We can also add PRP to your personalized infusion cocktails to amplify your results. Because the infusions are finer and more superficial there is little discomfort and therefore no topical freezing is required. There is virtually no downtime with these treatments.
Our micro-needling Evo pen is automated and is able to create many more channels of greater depth into the skin to supercharge your collagen induction. Topical freezing is required and your downtime will be a few days – but the aesthetic results are powerful. Micro-needling combined with PRP infusion is the crown jewel of our Skin Regenerative treatment platform.
Why is PRP so popular?
- It is a short, easily tolerated procedure
- There is minimal downtime
- It is a potent way to naturally regenerate and stimulate your own skin with your own inner pharmacy of stimulatory and nutritive growth factors, stem cells and platelets.
- The results are cumulative in building smooth, glowing and healthy skin
- It can reverse the effects of UV induced and chronological aging