Plasma Pen offers powerful, targeted correction of stubborn wrinkles as well as tightening of lax, crepey skin around the Eyes, Mouth and Neckline
The Plasma IQ pen is the first and only Plasma pen device that is FDA approved and cleared by Health Canada for aesthetic use. This plasma pen is extremely precise, delivering focussed plasma energy to safely and effectively target stubborn wrinkles and lax, crepey skin that traditionally have been difficult to treat. It offers a consistent solution for treatment of the delicate skin around the eyes, mouth and neckline.
How the Plasma Pen Works?
When the tip of the Plasma Pen is brought close to the skin being treated, it ionizes gas particles in the air to create a tiny and focussed plasma arc that makes contact with the targeted skin. This creates a micro-thermal injury at the point of contact with minimal collateral spread to surrounding tissues. These pinpoint zones of thermal injury cause immediate skin tightening and retraction in the areas targeted. Fibroblast cells deep in the dermis respond to the micro-injury by multiplying in number and increasing their collagen and elastin production for at least 2 months after the treatment session.
Clinically, we can see this bimodal response to Plasma Pen treatment. Initially, you see tiny brown crusts or ‘Henna tattoo dots’ and some immediate associated skin tightening and lifting benefits. These tiny crusts resolve and fall away within 5 to 7 days and may appear pink for a short time interval. Then progressive tightening and smoothing of skin continues to occur for another 1 to 2 months as collagen is laid down. It’s the treatment that keeps giving!
Ideal Treatment Areas
Upper and lower eyelids, tear troughs: Plasma Pen treatments rival surgical eyelid procedures but without their cost, invasiveness or downtime. It is wonderful for lightening, brightening and tightening the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Extensive crows feet wrinkles
- Brow lift and correction of forehead wrinkles
- Cheek wrinkles
- Mouth: Smokers lines or bar code lines around the lips
- Neckline: reduce orthostatic lines and tighten lax crepey neckline skin
All makeup is removed from the treatment area and then prepped with surgical antiseptic solution.
- Topical anesthetic and / or an injectable anesthetic are used to numb the treatment area before your Plasma Pet session begins.
- Treatment times vary depending on the extent of the work to be done but the average treatment session lasts 20-30 minutes.
- Post procedure we apply a soothing skin Booster Serum full of anti-oxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptides to the treatment areas to accelerate healing.
- You will go home with post care instructions and skin products to be applied for the first week.
Immediately after your Treatment
Immediately post treatment
Most patients experience slight redness, swelling and mild / moderate burning sensation at their treatment sites. This resolves within a few days and is easily treated with ice packs or OTC NSAIDs or Tylenol.
Post Treatment week 1
As early as the first week, you will see the initial tightening benefits of your procedure. The Henna Tattoo spots resolve over 5 to 7 days post-treatment.
Post care products/ instructions will help sooth the skin and expedite resolution of swelling and the presence of micro-crusts.
Post Care Nuggets
- As a rule of thumb, the more extensive your treatment, the longer will be your down-time, but the fewer subsequent treatments you will require. Many eye treatments, for example, can stand alone with longstanding benefits and will only need to be topped up every few years.
- With lighter treatments we usually recommend doing them in series of 2 to 3 sessions and your downtime will be less.
- When a series of plasma pen procedures is recommended we will offer package pricing for you. This is determined at the time of consultation with Dr vanVliet.
- Plasma pen treatments are stackable and can be combined wit other treatment modalities such HydraFacial MD, Silhouette Instalift or Injectables.