It’s organic, using Light energy to Heal Skin
Its Organic, Using Light to Heal your Skin: Our current BBL technology has the ability to repair the appearance of aged skin, delay and prevent signs of skin aging, and may reduce the risk of developing skin cancer in your lifetime.
Broad Band Light (BBL) is a medical grade photo- rejuvenation treatment that uses light energy to correct for sun-damage, fine lines, acne, enlarged pores as well as imparting significant colour correction to your skin. It is the most advanced and powerful light based treatment and it is the backbone of skin health regimens. It is highly tuneable and customizable technology that we can use to target reds (red vessels, rosacea, flushing, acne) as well as browns (sun-damaged skin, aging spots or freckles).
Our BBL Forever Young protocol combines the colour correction benefits of BBL and adds the age-defying benefits of correcting for skin texture, tone, fine lines and pore size. This protocol reverses sun damage and stimulates new collagen production. At both a genetic as well as
molecular level, it programs your skin cells to be younger, leaving your skin feeling and looking smoother with fewer fine lines. This potent treatment essentially reverses and slows down skin aging.
- Delay skin aging
- Make skin younger; younger gene expression
- Improves the appearance of skin:
- Colour correction: browns and reds
- May reduce the risk of developing skin cancer
- Dr vanVliet will assess you and review what you can expect on the day of treatment
- We will cleanse your skin and give you protective eye wear
- Clear gel will be applied to the skin
- Light pulses will be applied to your skin surface in precise pulses. This light will appear
bright even with protective eye wear, but know that it will not harm your eyes.
- The treatment sessions last 30-60 minutes depending on the areas being treated
We can correct skin quality anywhere on the body but these are our most popular treatment
areas that can be chosen from, often in combination with one another:
- Back of hands
We realize that your time is valuable to you. There are treatments we offer that pair beautifully with BBL treatments. Combining treatments can help you save on time and often there are some cost savings when bundling treatments together. We also see more dramatic results, and
faster, with combination treatments.
- Spring Skin Glow: This is a signature treatment that combines the exfoliation, hydrating and enriching benefits of a HydraFacial MD treatment with your BBL treatment to buff your skin and give it that instant glow.
- Dermaplaning: Exfoliation with a specialty blade scrapes away dead skin cells and vellous
hair (peach fuzz) to brighten and smooth the skin surface.
- Injectables: Toxins and Fillers
- BBL and PDT: An excellent combination treatment for rough, heavily sun-damaged skin.
- Combine BBL treatment regions: You can treat face, neck and décolletage and / or hands all in one treatment session.
BBL correct is an easily tolerated and safe procedure that in most cases incurs minimal to no down-time. The treated area may be red and flushed and for most patients this usually dissipates in a few hours.
Most people continue on with their normal day to day activities – this can easily be a lunch time treatment for you. We recommend wearing a protective broad-spec SPF >30 to protect your investment and your skin health. We also recommend being gentle with your skin and not picking or scratching at it.
In heavily sun-damaged skin or with patients with moderate to severe rosacea the down-time may be more prolonged with swelling and redness over a few days. We can usually predict this and will guide you as best as possible regarding what you can expect following your treatment.
Patients with prominent pigmentation may notice that their treated brown areas become temporarily darker for 10-14 days as the body rids itself of the targeted pigment. They gradually flake off and fade, leaving your skin clear and smooth. With subsequent treatments, as the skin improves, the down-time reverts to minimal to none.
After a series of BBL treatments most of our patients see improvements in nearly every aspect of their skin. We recommend an initial series of 3 to 5 monthly BBL treatments until you have achieved your desired skin improvements. Having 2 to 3 treatments annually as maintenance will be effective at slowing down the aging process of your skin and will leave your skin healthy, vibrant and clear.
From a Stanford peer reviewed study have confirmed that BBL treatment can restore your skin cell gene expression pattern to resemble that of younger skin cells. Hands down, BBL is easily one of the most effective, no down-time procedures in aesthetic medicine to prevent and reverse skin aging, restoring your skin to its naturally radiant and clear