HydraFacial MD is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that combines the benefits of hydra-dermabrasion, chemical peels and painless extractions without skin irritation or down-time. It gives your skin that instant hydrated glow. It represents a new generation of dermabrasion – improved in that its gentler, has no down-time and is better able to nourish and hydrate your skin.
HydraFacial MD uses patented Vortex Fusion technology to gently suction and infuse skin. The spiral design of the treatment tips, used in conjunction with gentle suction and super serums creates a vortex effect to easily dislodge and remove impurities while simultaneously infusing the skin with what we affectionately refer to as Liquid Gold ( hydrating Hyaluronic acid, Peptides and Anti-oxidants).
HydraFacial MD is highly customizable so that we can tailor your treatment to your
specific skin needs:
- Delay skin aging
- Make skin younger; younger gene expression
- Improves the appearance of skin:
- Colour correction: browns and reds
- May reduce the risk of developing skin cancer
- Add Ons: These can be added to any of your HydraFacial MD treatment sessions:
- Lymphatic drainage
- LED light therapy : blue or red
- Eye Perk: specialized Tx for the delicate eyelid skin
- Lip Perk: to nourish and hydrate the lips. It temporarily plumps the lips.
- Boosters: a variety of super serums to choose from
- Dr vanVliet will assess you and review what you can expect on the day of treatment
- We will cleanse your skin and give you protective eye wear
- Clear gel will be applied to the skin
- Light pulses will be applied to your skin surface in precise pulses. This light will appear
bright even with protective eye wear, but know that it will not harm your eyes.
- The treatment sessions last 30-60 minutes depending on the areas being treated
This is where HydraFacial MD truly flourishes and is foundational in our practice. HydraFacial MD partners incredibly well with many of our Light and Energy based treatments, Injectables and Micro-Infusion Gold treatments:
- Spring Skin Glow: This signature treatment combines the exfoliation, hydrating and enriching benefits of HydraFacial MD with our BBL treatments to give that instant buff and glow while using Light energy to heal your skin.
- Tight and Bright: This signature treatment combines the brightening and buffing benefits of HydraFacial MD with your skin tightening procedure. It exfoliates and uniformly hydrates your skin to improve the penetration and efficacy of your RF treatment – true synergy!
- All About Eyes: This is the ultimate anti-aging treatment specially designed for the eyes. It combines a gentle HydraFacial peel specifically designed to safely hydrate, buff and brighten your eyelid skin with the skin tightening benefits of Pelleve. We target and tighten your delicate eyelid skin but also reduce fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead and eyes. An instant pick me up to leave you bright eyed!
- Hydra-Infusion Gold: This signature treatment is one of Dr vanVliet’s favourites. It combines the instant buff and hydrating benefits of HydraFacial MD and follows this with our Micro-Infusion Gold Micro-needling session. This is the go to it procedure for looking your best for those special occasions like weddings, birthdays or anniversaries. It is a minimal to no down-time procedure that will have your skin looking radiant, pore-less, dewy and porcelain smooth.
- Injectables: Injectables including, HA dermal fillers and neurotoxins, can easily be combined with your treatment
- Photo-Dynamic therapy: Your HydraFacial will set the stage for your PDT treatment by exfoliating your skin to allow better penetration of your Metvix topical medication. Its a great way to get an instant glow while undoing sun-damage.
HydraFacial MD is a no down-time, quick and comfortable procedure. Your skin may be flushed temporarily but this dissipates quickly. You will have instant and long-lasting results that you can see and feel. Ongoing regular treatments will have your skin looking smoother, more hydrated and glowing.
BBL correct is an easily tolerated and safe procedure that in most cases incurs minimal to no down-time. The treated area may be red and flushed and for most patients this usually dissipates in a few hours.
Most people continue on with their normal day to day activities – this can easily be a lunch time treatment for you. We recommend wearing a protective broad-spec SPF >30 to protect your investment and your skin health. We also recommend being gentle with your skin and not picking or scratching at it.
In heavily sun-damaged skin or with patients with moderate to severe rosacea the down-time may be more prolonged with swelling and redness over a few days. We can usually predict this and will guide you as best as possible regarding what you can expect following your treatment.
Patients with prominent pigmentation may notice that their treated brown areas become temporarily darker for 10-14 days as the body rids itself of the targeted pigment. They gradually flake off and fade, leaving your skin clear and smooth. With subsequent treatments, as the skin improves, the down-time reverts to minimal to none.